Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Wishes

It's weird to think that even though we just recently hit a huge milestone in our adoption process (turning in our dossier and pretty much being on the waiting list), that the holidays are proceeding without much talk or thought given to our future baby.  It feels odd to be so distracted since it's pretty much all I have thought about for the last 6 months straight.  We'll just be praying that by this time next year we will know her face and name and be making preparations to bring her home.  Hoping for three stockings hanging next year!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on sending off your dossier, I remember that day and feeling simultaneously relieved and terrified as I let go of what little control I had over the process.
    I made it on the wait list Feb 4 and got my referral Dec 7, so its totally possible for you to know your baby's face by next Christmas! I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement! They are asking us to be prepared to wait longer than that, but I hope we could be that lucky! Gotta keep those referrals coming! Congrats on being so close to bringing your little guy home (I have been looking at your blog as well :)) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete