Saturday, September 29, 2012

We are home!

We are home in Washington today after being in Florida for ten days picking up our girl.  Everything went smoothly and while the build up has been filled with fears and anxiety, we could not be happier and it was all worth it!  Adopting domestically was not our original plan but after finding out our wait would be about triple the time we were quoted by CHI originally, we began pursuing other options.  We got a foster care license which we hope to put to good use when some time has passed and we have settled into being parents.  But ultimately we were quickly matched to a birth mom who has been absolutely wonderful, there are no words to describe how amazing she has been and what she has done for us, all the while being excited for us despite her loss.  We are so blessed to have her as a part of our lives!  I plan to post a more detailed account of our process and trip because I think it's important that the happy ending stories be accessible online too.  I know that a lot of the fears and misconceptions that Jason and I had about domestic adoption came from the thousands of horror stories that come up when you search for adoption information.  I don't want to say that our experience was typical, but I want to give hope to those people who felt the way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment